Monday, March 16, 2009

"My diet starts Monday..."

I got married June 7, 2008.  And in the months leading up to the wedding I got myself into the best shape of my life!  I felt so good about myself... lots of energy, great motivation... I was at a weight that I haddn't seen since my freshmen year in college!  I was so proud of myself!  


Me on my wedding day

Then summer hit.  After a month of teaching summer school and sitting on my ass all day long, and then my amazing honeymoon in Ireland where I drank way too much Guinness.  I came back from Ireland barely fitting into the jeans I had taken over there.  I probably gained 10 poinds in the 12 days I was there.  Oops.  It was totally worth it though :)


Me enjoying a pint of Guinness at a pub in Killarney, Ireland

I made a deal with myself at that point that I was going to enjoy what was left of my summer and my diet would start as soon as I went back to work.  I still had a trip to Nashville planned, and I wanted to enjoy that, and the couple relaxing weeks I had left.  Great idea... Right?  In theory, yes.  In actuality, no.  

I give in to temptations too easily, especially when there is stress involved.  Any little thing will throw me off course.  And now here I am 15 pounds heavier, and not happy with myself.  I just can't seem to find that motivation that I had.

My plan now is to stop saying "My diet starts Monday..." and actually start it.  I'm going to take baby steps to get back on the right track.  Starting "Monday" I'm going to be back in the gym 3 days a week, drinking lots of water, and not giving in to the temptations at work.  I can do this!  and I'm hoping by keeping this blog up, that it will hold me accountable.  Cross your fingers for me!  
This is me and Phil at Christmas.  By 6 months from now, I will look completely different.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment